News

Matric learner lost his life due to a snake bite

Matric learner, Tragedy struck the Mawewe Secondary School in Matsavana Circuit in Dumphries Village in Bushbuckridge Local Municipality on the evening of November 27th, 2023, when a Matric learner lost his life due to a venomous snake bite. The learner, who was only 18 years old, was preparing for his final exams when the incident occurred.

The Mpumalanga Department of Education expressed deep sadness at the loss of the promising young student. The department conveyed its condolences to the family, friends, and the entire school community. The incident has left the school community in shock and mourning.

Matric learner, It is understood that the incident occurred during a Grade 12 camp organized by the school to improve the preparation of learners for the 2023 National Senior Certificate Examination. The camp was aimed at providing a conducive environment for learners to focus on their studies and prepare for the upcoming exams.

The tragic incident has raised concerns about the safety of learners during such camps and the need for schools to take measures to ensure the safety of their students. The school authorities have assured the public that they will be conducting a thorough investigation into the incident to establish the circumstances surrounding the tragedy and take appropriate action.

Matric learner, The incident serves as a reminder of the dangers that can lurk in the natural environment and the need for individuals to be vigilant and cautious when in unfamiliar surroundings.

Matric learner

It is a tragedy that a young life has been cut short in such a senseless manner, and our hearts go out to the family and friends of the deceased learner.

Related Articles

Back to top button