CAREER WITH TRANSNET
Are you searching for a thrilling opportunity to contribute to the future economic growth of South Africa? Look no further than Transnet. As a top-tier employer with a dedicated workforce of over 55,000 permanent employees, we truly value their unwavering commitment and recognize the importance of nurturing their skills and capabilities for long-term sustainability CAREER WITH TRANSNET.
CAREER WITH TRANSNET, Our workplace is a reflection of our dynamic and challenging environment, offering exceptional prospects for individuals who are results-oriented and possess the necessary qualifications. With our vision set on becoming Africa’s leading provider of transport and logistics solutions, Transnet SOC Limited has a strong foundation rooted in resourcefulness and transformation.
CAREER WITH TRANSNET We take immense pride in operating and overseeing South Africa’s critical transport infrastructure. At Transnet, we are dedicated to working closely with our customers to meet their unique needs. Our goal is to foster a work environment that attracts and retains the most talented individuals, enabling them to unleash their full potential.
Furthermore, employment equity remains a top priority on our agenda for transformation. We firmly believe that employing the industry’s best-skilled professionals is crucial for the continued success and sustainability of our company.
- goals and objectives.
- applicant user guide
CAREER WITH TRANSNET, At Transnet, our principles guide us in everything we do. We are committed to keeping our promises, treating each other with respect and dignity, and prioritizing safety. We believe in recognizing and rewarding good work, empowering our employees, and fostering good communication. Our focus is on driving our business forward.
If you have previously worked for Transnet, there is no need to register again. Simply send us your old SAP or ID number, and we will update your login information and mailing address. Your username and password will be sent to you via email.
CAREER WITH TRANSNET, If you possess the right combination of passion, skill, and determination, we invite you to consider joining our team at Transnet.
To explore our current job opportunities, click on the job search button. To apply for any of the available positions, you will need to register as an applicant.
Once you have registered, you can log in at any time to:
- Create or update your profile
- Modify your personal information, such as contact details
Simplifying the process for you:
Quick paths to e-Recruitment
Explore our available jobs
Sign up as an applicant
Access your account post registration
CAREER WITH TRANSNET, Consult the External Applicant User Guide for assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Optimize your experience by using Internet Explorer
Disable your pop-up blocker
Include ‘Transnet.net’ in your compatibility view settings
Send any technical concerns to Careers-Help@transnet.
Transnet plays a vital role in the transportation of goods throughout South Africa, serving as the main link in the freight logistics chain.
As the custodian of ports, rail, and pipelines, Transnet’s main goal is to create a competitive freight system that promotes the country’s economic growth and diversification.
- Transnet SOC Ltd is a publicly owned company, with the South African Government as its sole shareholder, established under the Legal Succession Act of 1989.
- Transnet is responsible for the management of South Africa’s railway, ports, and pipelines infrastructure.
- The Company’s Memorandum of Incorporation (MOI), which was approved by the Shareholder Minister on June 25, 2013, adheres to the provisions of the PFMA, the Companies Act, and the National Ports Act, No 12 of 2005 (as amended).
- As a State-owned Company (SOC), Transnet operates under the PFMA as its primary legislation.
- Transnet annually signs a Shareholder’s Compact with the Government of the Republic of South Africa, represented by the Minister of Public Enterprises (DPE). This compact outlines the Company’s strategic objectives, including the achievement of sustainable economic, social, and environmental outcomes.
The DPE’s strategy is tailored to the core sectors of the economy, such as mining, defence, energy, and logistics. This strategy takes into account the National Development Plan (NDP), the Medium-Term Strategic Framework, and internal and external factors that influence the environment. Given the challenging macro-environment, the DPE’s strategy acknowledges the need to allocate scarce resources wisely in order to have the greatest impact.